Required documents for marriage reporting
Documents to be prepared by foreign nationals
In addition to the above documents, some documents are required to be submitted according to status:
- An original copy of the proof of requirements for marriage : A certificate proving that the concerned party is unmarried and has no problems for marriage in regard to the party’s national law. This must be issued by an authorized office that can prove the party’s present status.
- A copy of Korean translation of the proof of requirements for marriage : The form of translation is not specified. Even if the translation is somewhat different from the originalcopy in its meaning, this will not matter if the difference is not seriously concerned with the party’s status.
Documents to be prepared by Korean nationals
- Two copies of the identification card
- Two copies of the full family census register of the party.
- The reports are installed in nearby si/gu/eup/myeon offices, two adult witnesses are required when making out the report(Witnesses above twenty years must record their names, addresses, resident registration numbers and sign and seal).
Process to report marriage
Process according to the law of Korea
Arrange documents stated above and report to the office in charge of family registration in home address region or present address region.
Process according to the laws of foreign countries
First get married and arrange for issue of marrige certification according to the concerned nation's law (Foreign law) from concerned foreign legation in Korea, and report to the office in charge of family registration in one party's(Korean national) home address region or present address region.
Where to report marriage
Office in charge of family registration in home address region or present address region.